Separation Agreement Template for Word
A separation agreement is a legal document drawn up by individuals in a marital relationship. It states all the terms and conditions followed by both individuals. It is different from a divorce agreement in a manner that it provides a chance for the couple to reconcile. Separation agreements are short-termed and can end up in divorce or reconciliation of the couple.
The template of a separation agreement is presented below,
This agreement is drafted on a date (__/__/__), after the mutual understanding of the following partners,
Name: Eric Dane
Address: 48 Seven Street, California, USA.
Contact: 849 284-8294
Name: Cristina Yang
Address: 84 Heaven Street, California, USA
Contact: 849 739-8391
Term and conditions of the agreement as mutually decided by the individuals are mentioned below,
- This agreement shall commence from date (__/__/__) and both partners are bound to follow it.
- This agreement is drafted for a short period of 1 year.
- During this period, both partners are allowed to follow whatever life choices they want.
- Both partners are allowed to choose a career or vacation destination.
- Children will stay alternatively with both partners for alternate 6 months.
- Both partners will bear the burden of school and other expenses of children.
- It is the responsibility of both partners to be there for school events and doctor appointments of their children.
- Pets will be with the partner who can take good care of them in this period and also take them to their appointments.
- House will be available for both partners to live as they like.
- If any partner wants to move out, they will do with a consent from other partner.
- Partners are not allowed to engage in any romantic relation with a 3rd person.
- If any partner engages in a romantic relation with anyone, they will face serious consequences.
- Assets of both partners will remain intact. They both are not allowed to rent, sell or renovate any property they own during separation period.
- Vehicles owned by the individual partner will stay with them and the other partner will not interfere.
- Partners will pay their individual mortgages, loans, and debts, they will not rely on other partner during the separation period.
- Both partners are not allowed to enjoy gatherings hosted by mutual friends.
- Joint account of both partners will remain close for the separation period, they can only use their personal, individual account.
- No family or friends will try to salvage their relation during separation period and let the couple decide about their future.
- After a year of separation, partners will meet for a meeting and decide their future together.
- If partners decide to part their ways, then a petition of divorce will be filed in the civil office.
- Agreement will be drafted in the presence of 2 credible witnesses provided through mutual understanding of both partners.
Partner 1: Eric Dane
Partner 2: Cristina Yang
Witness # 1: Richard Mike
Witness # 2: Julia Roberts