Room Rental Agreement Template for Word
A room rental agreement is an official contract between landlord and tenant for renting a room on the property of the landlord where he either lives or not. It highlights all the rules and guidelines that a tenant is required to follow for living in a rented room. It is usually a short-term arrangement ranging from 4 to 5 months but can also be extended based on certain factors.
The template for the room rental agreement is presented below.
Room rental agreement is carried out on Date [DATE] among the following individuals,
Name: Rick Martin
Address: 64 Moon Street, Missouri, USA.
Contact: 489 479-7494
Name: John Lewis
Address: 84 Main Boulevard, Baku, Azerbaijan
Contact: 749 373-7293
Room 345, Lame Street, Missouri, USA.
Rules and regulations agreed upon by the landlord and tenant are mentioned below,
- Tenant will move in on Date [DATE], Friday and will officially be the tenant.
- Deposit of $1000 will be submitted to the landlord a week before move in.
- Rent of each month should be paid within first 10 days of each month.
- In case of rental delay, warning will be issued by landlord.
- Tenant will only be subjected to 2 warning notices before eviction notice.
- Rent will only be paid in cash. Online transfer and cheques are not acceptable.
- Rent will only be delivered to landlord and no other member of the family.
- Being a student and part-time worker, tenant is required to follow all the rules of the agreement drafted by the landlord.
- Leaving for home, either on weekend or spring holidays, tenant is required to inform landlord beforehand.
- Tenant is not allowed to let any friend stay over for more than 2 days.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited. If caught in such action, eviction without deposit refund is evident.
- No boyfriend or girlfriend move in is allowed for the term of this agreement.
- In case of any damage to the room, amount will be cut from the deposit.
- Walls of room require a fresh paint and this work can be adjusted in the rent.
- No staying out after 12a.m. is allowed.
- Tenant is allowed to practice his religious beliefs and prayers.
- Religious and national festivals can be celebrated according to requirements.
- It is crucial to follow the rules imposed by the society.
- No neighbour should complain about tenants otherwise warning letter can be issued.
- All celebration or birthday parties can only be held on weekends.
- Loud music is strictly prohibited on weekdays.
- In case of emergency, landlord’s decision should be considered the final verdict.
- Eviction notice should be submitted a month prior to eviction.
- Furniture and other essentials would be the responsibility of tenant.
- Room should be converted to its original condition upon eviction
- In case of any fight or issue with neighbours, managers of society will decide the fate.
- Following agreement is applicable for 5 months.
- After the current agreement period is over, tenant may sign up for agreement renewal.
- Rent will increase 10% in case of renewal.
- During family visitation and stay, landlord will be informed beforehand.
- Tenant is not allowed to vouch for any other person for renting room.
- In case of any electrical or fire outbreak, tenant will be held responsible and will also pay for the damage.
- All the works of bathroom and room repair will be adjusted in the rent.
Landlord: Rick Martin
Tenant: John Lewis